Only for iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd generation or beyond
Once Anemotracker is installed on your device you need to activate both GPS and Bluetooth.
- GPS: when Anemotracker is opened for the first time a message like the one shown here will appear on your screen. If "Allow" is pushed the GPS will run whenever you start Anemotracker. If not, you need to activate your device's location by using it's settings menu (look it up in your device's user manual).
- BLE: make sure BT mode is running on your device.
When the GPS and the BT mode are running, your device is ready to connect with CUPS 4.0.
Connecting with CUPS 4.0
- Press "Settings" on the menu. Then press "Scan BLE sensors" (on the upper side in blue letters) until a new screen appears, look at the adjacent image.
- Select the CUPS 4.0 device and press "OK" to connect.
Is my CUPS 4.0 connected?
Once you have followed the previous steps, the Settings screen will be shown again now displaying the message "Connected" and your CUPS 4.0 ID will be like the image here.
To disconnect CUPS 4.0 press "Disconnect" (in blue letters)
Your smartphone get paired with the last device you have connected.
You don´t have to scan for Bluetooth Sensors, just the first time. After that your CUPS 4.0 will be automatically connected with your smartphone.
Features on the main menu:
Select GPS or Compass
Select GPS or Compass data for low speed movement.
You can programme a speed limit (from 0.0 to 5.0 knots) in order to change from GPS to Compass when anchored. Press to activate this feature and "Enabled" will appear with a blue bar, press on knots to display the selection menu.
You can also select between Mean or Instant values of wind. Press on "Instant"to change it into "Mean".
You can track your route with different recording intervals:
Wind Vane misalignment correction feature:
Allows you to "calibrate" giving a zero different than 0 °. So if you install the CUPS 4.0 at 90 ° (East), the app will correct the values for the wind to be shown respect to the axis of the boat.
Enhanced tracking Capabilities:
Anemotracker allows you to export your navigation data to excel and Google Earth.
- Select “Track” option and a new menu will be shown on your screen. You can select or edit an existing Track or create a new one.
If you select an existing track you have to choose whether you want to continue or not. Or you can also edit/export that track.
Tracking options - (Edit/Export):
- The Edit/Export option allows you to change the track’s name and add any comment related to that track.
- On this screen you will also find the option to export your track’s data as an XLS (Microsoft Excel/Numbers) or a KML (Google Earth). Both buttons are situated at the bottom of the screen.
You can export data as an XLS document that contains your data, and also with graphics.
Export data as a KML
You can make different records, and export the track as a KML, (visibility to google earth)
MAIN MENU AND BASIC VIEW
Settings: Allows you to connect/disconnect CUPS 4.0 and select/deselect "True Wind" option.
Basic: Main view, showing point of wind, wind direction and wind speed-New features on the
Map: Cruising view, showing the same data as the above, but plotting the boat on a map.
Tirdata: Goes to an easy view mode, showing only three variables
Features on the Basic Mode:
- Compass appearance:
The needle shows two colours (red and grey). The red half points to the North.
- If you want to change from App to True Wind, you will only have to do a long press on the top of the compass
Shows true/apparent wind, boat speed and point of wind as you see your boat plotted on a satellite map.
Shows true or apparent wind, boat speed and wind to true North.